GAME TEMPLATE DOCUMENTATION
This Source Code (template) was created with Buildbox and Buildbox supports Eclipse. Formally, Buildbox isnt supporting Android Studio but authors find a solution for it. We exported also for Android Studio. You can also edit with it, but before installing NDK must be installed first. Others steps are same with Eclipse.
To start with the project you have to perform some simple tasks.
- Import the project into your Eclipse.
- Change name of your app.
- Modify admob ads.
- Modify Colours.
- Reskinning the project with changing the graphic content present in the project.
- Running App on Android Device/Emulator.
- Publish app in the play store.
Do the following steps to import the code into your Eclipse;
- Select “FILE / IMPORT / ANDROID / EXISTING ANDROID CODE INTO WORKSPACE”
- Select both library and android code.
- Rename Application package.
- Change your app’s name.
CHANGING APP NAME
Open this; _app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml
then you will see a line like this;
<!-- APP NAME --> <string name="app_name">Rookie Astronaut</string>
Change this to your app’s name
To change app’s bundle ID, open this file: Assets/data/PTModelGeneralSettings.0.attributes.xml Change this ID Bundle with yours;
<key>Google Play Store</key> <dict> <key>bundleID</key> <string>com.aultoon.rider</string>
ADDING ADMOB ADS
Note – This section is only for users using Google admob ads. If you dont want to use admob, then skip this step. However you will be getting some errors due to missing library files. These errors will be removed by removing Adrequest and Adview varaibles. (Just delete the lines causing errors)
Open the project’s file here; Assets/data/PTModelGeneralSettings.0.attributes.xml
<!-- ADMOB ID --> <string name="banner_ad_unit_id">ca-app-pub-XXXXXX</string>
Find this code and change it with your Admob ID.
CHANGING ICON AND ASSETS
Drawable resource are stored in res/drawable(hdpi,ldpi,mdpi,xhdpi,etc.) folder and some in assets folder. If you want to change icon of game, please replace icon.png in each drawable folder with similar image-size pictures .
IF YOU SEE THAT THIS SOURCE CODE (TEMPLATE) SUPPORTS GOOGLE-PLAY LEADERBOARDS;
-open android/data/PTModelGeneralSettings.0.attributes.xml change these values with yours;
If you dont know your account’s leaderboard ID, watch this tutorial;
RUNNING APP ON ANDROID DEVICE/EMULATOR
Run app on your device or Emulator with clicking; Right click on folder -> Run as -> Android Application.
- Generate a signed apk on; Right click on main folder- > Android Tools -> Export Signed Application.
- Fallow the instructions there.
- Reveal apk in finder. (windows: show in the Explorer)
- Publish it on Google Play Store
This File Is Lock Must Need Password